Friday, April 19, 2019

Rebecca's Tabby

I think I will be taking art classes until I finally drop off the face of the earth ... love to learn ... also love to read historical and biographical novels ... and in fact, need to do more of both!  There is a wonderful artist, Rebecca Rhodes, and I take online lessons from her.  This painting was done following one of her wonderful tutorials.  So many hours in this and ... so much was learned.  While I've been dabbling with oil paint since .. well, since longer than most of you have been alive, I consider myself a beginner in the use of watercolor paint and her classes help to fill my brain with so many techniques.  So, thanks to Rebecca for a wonderful lesson!  I spent about a week working on this, starting with and developing the eyes ... because if the eyes went wrong I could toss the worse and start over. Anyway, about a week, 4 to 8 hours each time, so that I could allow the paint to dry naturally instead of hurrying and using a blower!

No comments:

Post a Comment