Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Don't know how many of you remember when parents used to "bronze" our baby shoes! ... my mother bronzed mine and then had them made into book ends and as an 8 year old I just couldn't imagine how my feet ever fit into those little things. I've had this photo for a while and knew that I wanted to do something with it so about a week and a half ago I sketched it out and did the first light wash. During this past week and a half I've fooled around, dinkled with it and tonight, decided that it was time to sit down and finish it. Ninety five percent of the painting was done using 2 colors .. and a third color was added in a very very few places. I had a lot of fun doing this one .. learned more about watercolor .. and it's help me get through this nerve wrecking evening .. as I listen to the Cubs play the Indians. Of course, I'm hoping that "our Cubbies" win ... and wish that my mother and other members of my family were still with us ... how excited they would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment