Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Terry Armstrong's Class on Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Class was great yesterday!  Still have a long way to go with the painting, but I certainly learned a lot!  The subject was day lilies and we were afforded the opportunity to choose the design of the flowers and the colors.  In the first image here, the centers of the flowers were placed.  Some of the objects have been covered with mask to protect the images when layers of color are added later.

In this image, 3 or 4 layers of color were applied and then I started to work on the detail of the flower at the top.

The background was added in separate layers and additional layers were added to the 3 flowers.

I worked on the painting last night and again this morning .. adding 3 more layers of color to the main flower and 2 more layers to the flower on the left.  Then, to get an idea of where I wanted to go with the painting I scanned it into my computer and "cropped it" .. trying to decide what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to leave out.  The painting will sit on a stand and I will study it for a few days .. hopefully, not as long as I had to study that darned rabbit!!! .. than one took me a year to finish!  In any case, I know that all the buds have to be started and finished as well as the additional application of layers to the 3 flowers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment