Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Second of the 4 Spring Sessions With Terry Armstrong

Today was the second painting lesson for the Spring 2016 sessions.  Each Spring Terry Armstrong offers 4 different classes and then, in the Fall, 4 more classes are offered.  I so look forward to these classes.  You all know how much I love snow and popsicles, my spouse and my pets??? ... well, I would say that I love those classes even more, but I don't want to slight my spouse or my pets ... however......


This class was devoted to a "Rooster" ... not Rooster Cogburn (as in John Wayne) but a feathered critter.  I've done some smaller paintings of birds, including birds of prey, but had never painted a chicken or rooster and I have to admit, I have a new admiration for these little devils.  Not the easiest thing I've ever painted .. and I would say it was like "pulling hens teeth" but that would bring out the punsters and I certainly don't want to do that!!!  I am (maybe) two thirds of the way done, maybe a little less.  Will set the little dickens up and watch him for the next few days, just to study him additionally and make some decisions about what I'll do and how I'll do it.

In the first photo, you can see how busy I am, working away .. being industrious, while my best painting buddy is pretending to be busy!!!  Cheryl and I take the classes together and I can't tell you how much I enjoy painting with her.  Besides the fact that she is one talented lady ... she's a very special person.


In the second photo, you can see another painting buddy  ..  Betsy.  She is up front, with her black shirt and her painting glasses on, working a lot harder than Cheryl!  The gentleman standing in the back is Terry Armstrong, our mentor and a wonderful artist.  What is so darned amazing is that we are all painting the exact same subject but each artist manages to apply their own preferences and their own style.  So, the paintings are all so different.  Am already looking forward to the next class!  



No comments:

Post a Comment